TRC Companies GIS Analyst in Austin, Texas
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated GIS Analyst for our growing Engineering, Construction & Remediation team in Austin, TX. As a crucial member of our team, this person will develop their abilities and use their existing skills to deliver a quality product on our customer service driven team. The ideal candidate will also be enthusiastic to work with engineers, hydrogeologists, project managers, and other technical staff in the preparation of drawings, designs and figures associated with technical documents. Organization, communication, and design skills will be essential to efficiently produce quality outputs while meeting budget and schedules on multiple concurrent projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Daily production of report maps in PDF format typically using ArcMap 10.x and sometimes using AutoCAD Civil 3d
- Ensuring good communications and working relationships with technical staff and Project Managers across multiple TRC offices
- Establishing, developing and achieving goals that align with company goals
- Managing resources to fully utilize staff and maximize company results. This includes meeting and exceeding billable time and multiplier commitments
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Qualified candidate will have an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Geography, Environmental Studies, Engineering (or a related field) and 1-3 years of geospatial science experience.
- Knowledge of GIS software including but not limited to proficiency and experience using ESRI's ArcGIS for Desktop suite of software, understanding of relational data management systems, implementation and development of map services for webmaps and mobile applications, and experience with manipulating data for use on GPS units
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to embrace change
- Ability to manage conflict with staff and clients
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and self-starter in learning new skills
- Consistent ownership and follow through to manage assigned tasks
- Strong writing abilities and good oral communication
- Confidence and professionalism to challenge management on areas of business concern and accept/support decisions to move TRC positively forward
- Knowledge of the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software, including but not limited to the development of geologic cross-sections and some map products when necessary.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Austin, TX - East Huntland Dr - AUS4