TRC Companies Senior Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
TRC is a national engineering, consulting, and construction management firm with over 4,000 employees that provides integrated engineering, consulting and construction management services to the Environmental, Power, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure markets. The company is rapidly growing, highly acquisitive and entrepreneurial with a lot of opportunity. The company has executed a successful acquisition strategy that has led to a 20% compounded annual growth rate over the past 5 years and was recently recapitalized with significant growth capital to take advantage of the tremendous market opportunities to expand the business and invest in emerging technologies to create value. To support this high growth environment, the company is looking to add a Senior M&A Analyst to the Corporate Strategy and Development team that is responsible for executing over half of the company's growth through M&A and other strategic investment initiatives. The Senior M&A Analyst will work partner with the VP of M&A and Chief Strategy Officer in the execution of all phases of the transaction life-cycle from origination through integration. We are seeking a candidate with at least 3-5 years of demonstrated M&A experience, a proactive orientation and willing to roll up his/her sleeves in a high paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an industry leading business with tremendous growth trajectory led by a highly motivated and dynamic management team with strong support from a leading private equity partner.
This role reports directly to the VP of M&A under the leadership of the Chief Strategy Officer. The position will primarily be responsible for financial, operational and market analysis, detailed modeling, valuation, target profiles, compilation and maintenance of diligence materials, and preparation of diligence findings/recommendations.
Participate in all phases of the acquisition life cycle; including:
Assist in strategic M&A planning and vetting efforts, including gathering input from TRC's four business sectors and incorporating comprehensive internal and external views into thoughtful, organized insights and business cases for potential M&A opportunities;
- Maintain pipeline of Global M&A opportunities and a manage weekly updates on deal progression
Assist in upfront initial diligence effort to support valuation and deal structure of LOI's;
- Create and manage target diligence information request lists and focal responsibility for developing and tracking the timing of the delivery, compilation and assessment of the information;
- Assist in the organization of the dedicated functional M&A team (F&A, HR, IT, Legal, Risk and Operations) so that due diligence is performed thoroughly, consistently and effectively
Participate in confirmatory due diligence (post LOI), preparing financial models and rigorous analyses of quantitative and qualitative data gathered during diligence;
- Provide detailed evaluations to support deal approval presentations to management and boar
Assist in coordinating and updating transition/integration playbooks to ensure timely execution or identification of areas of risk
Maintain transition/integration budget
Bachelors' degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience with in-depth knowledge of complex financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, strategic analysis, company and market research
- Demonstrated financial/accounting experience and mastery of financial statements
- Preferred MBA or similar advanced degree
- Independent, analytical and intellectually curious person who can structure analysis and articulate and succinctly present findings to a wide range of stakeholders including senior leadership throughout the organization
- Advanced competency with necessary software tools, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, as well as external data sources such as Capital IQ, Thomson, and Bloomberg.
Proficiencies should include, ability to:
- Build financial analysis and integrated valuation models for various situations, including acquisitions, strategic investments and disposition of assets
- Develop inputs, assumptions, and drivers for analysis and modeling, with input from internal stakeholders, including Operations, Technology, Product, Finance, HR, Legal teams as necessary
- Perform strategic and quantitative analysis
- Analyze target companies and industries and prepare competitive analysis and conduct and coordinate due diligence efforts
- Manage financial and valuation modeling and analysis (including discounted cash flows, market multiple valuation, accretion/dilution, investment returns, synergy pro forma's, quality of earnings analysis and sensitivity analysis) for acquisition transactions and other internal initiatives
- Drive and maintain the M&A pipeline process to accelerate acquisition strategy, including researching potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data
- Create consistent and concise presentations for leadership teams and other stakeholders; provide analysis and recommendations to assist with strategic decision making.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Boston, MA - BSTN