TRC Companies Archaeological Technician in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC Environmental Corporation is searching for a highly motivated Archaeological Technician to join our team in Chapel Hill, NC.
- Ensure the quality of data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
- Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring
- Perform background research
- Process artifacts in a laboratory setting
- Write technical reports meeting the requirements of historical preservation legislation.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; and coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
- B.A. degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
- Meet the Secretary of Interior's Professional Qualification Standards in Archaeology
- 2 to 5 years' experience in archaeological surveys and/or excavations.
- Some experience or familiarity with the Section 106 process and state/federal historic preservation laws is required.
- Field experience participating in survey, testing, and data recovery projects.
- Ability to make good tactical decisions in the field.
- Experience and/or training in artifact analysis and technical writing highly desirable.
- Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Chapel Hill, NC - Governors Dr - CHAP