TRC Companies Survey Supervisor - West Virginia in Charleston, West Virginia
TRC Oil & Gas Sector is seeking a qualified Survey Supervisor to control and direct survey work efforts for projects we have in West Virginia. The Survey Supervisor is responsible for the planning and performance of contracted survey activities required on projects and all of the following:
- Implements project survey policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Orients assigned survey personnel on project requirements and assigns tasks to carry out the performance of survey activities.
- Monitors survey personnel performance and documentation to assure quality, consistency, and compliance to project requirements.
- Guides, coaches, motivates or disciplines survey personnel as necessary to meet project schedules, budgets, and objectives.
- Resolves survey performance issues with the client representative and land owners that threaten the timely completion of the project survey activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reviews a project survey requirements and develops a written plan for the execution of the activities needed to meet those requirements. The "Execution Plan" should include the following:
- Description of the scope of work to be performed.
- A time schedule reflecting the key tasks necessary for the completion of the activities.
- A budget reflecting the estimated costs of completion.
- An organization chart reflecting the number and management structure for personnel required to complete the necessary activities.
- A listing of office space and equipment necessary to carry out the survey activities.
- A listing of key objectives.
- Permits or milestones and the outside inputs required to complete the necessary activities.
- Copies of documents, records, and reports necessary to record the survey activities.
- Procedures for controlling changes in work scope, documentation, safety, emergency response, and quality.
- Requests assignment of personnel (by classification and number) and equipment needed to carry out the required survey activities.
- Orients survey personnel, as they are assigned, on project planning, polices, guidelines, procedures, safety, emergency response, and quality assurance. Assigns tasks to each survey personnel and explains the requirements for documentation of those tasks. Provides document, record, and report forms, explains the proper completion, distribution and timing for submittal of those forms.
- Monitors the survey personnel's performance of activities, completion of documentation, personal conduct, work ethics, and interface with others. Evaluates these actions and provides guidance, coaching, motivation or discipline as necessary to reinforce his role on the project.
- Monitors the overall survey tasks for compliance to project requirements. Identifies changes in work scope, variance in scheduled completion or budgeted costs. Implements the necessary actions to incorporate work changes and if possible maintain progress schedules and budgeted costs. Document any required changes in schedules and budgeted costs as a result of work scope changes.
- Monitors documentation control and filing systems to assure the ready storage and retrieval of project documents, records, and reports.
- Maintains close communications with the Project Manager/Client Representative to report survey progress, problems with and possible resolution to pertinent issues hampering project survey completion.
- Provides guidance and supervision to survey personnel in the area of the project's requirements for survey activity documentation, tracking of project progress and costs, tracking of personnel time and expense reporting, assurance that project documents are completed properly and legibly, are controlled, stored, and readily retrievable for review.
- Provides guidance and supervision to survey personnel in the area of the project's specified requirements, role for compliance to safety requirements, role for emergency response, and the related documentation necessary to record the survey process.
- Ensures the review of all survey personnel time and expense reports for completeness, accuracy, and approval.
- Performs and documents personnel performance evaluations quarterly and upon termination/job completion of each survey personnel. At job completion, notifies the appropriate TRC Companies' Services Manager, within 24 hours, upon the release of personnel, giving the exact date and time of their leaving the work site.
- At project completion, supervises the preparation and submission, to the Project Manager/Client Representative, of the complete documentation for all survey activities performed into a project completion package.
This position serves as manager and supervisor for survey personnel assigned to a project. Responsible for the overall project survey activities. Responsible for personnel performance review, evaluation, and project orientation to related survey activities. Identifies negative trends, problem issues, and implements resolution to reduce or eliminate adverse impacts on overall project survey performance.
- Implementation of TRC Companies' Policies, Guidelines, and Procedures.
- Ensure safety awareness, environmental awareness, quality assurance, and the effectiveness of survey personnel assigned to the project.
- Achieve and maintain overall client satisfaction in the performance of TRC Companies survey services on the project.
- Time and expense report review and approval.
B. S. Degree in Land Surveying or Cartography or other Land Information Sciences.
Minimum experience required is seven years surveying experience with previous supervisory assignments.
Must be knowledgeable in the methods and techniques of cross country pipeline surveying.
Must have knowledge in Global Positioning Systems (GPS) survey methods, electronic data collection, the processes and computer programs necessary for survey data review and transfer to mapping.
Minimum 1 year Mapping experience desirable.
Department/Location Specific Requirements and Comments
Location: West Virginia
Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to apply.
Requires good oral communication skills.
Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, field notes, specifications and correspondence.
Basic knowledge to support technical, administrative and financial analysis.
Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
Identify and solve organizational and other business related problems.
Identify and solve complex technical and administrative problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective problem solving skills, especially when dealing with conflicting personalities.
- Creativity, foresight and mature judgment to identify potential problem areas and effect a solution at the earliest possible time.
- Good working knowledge of project management, team development methods and TRC Companies project operations.
- Practical experience in the application, modification and adaptation of standards, techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
- Proficiency in PC computer operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs. Experience in database operations and the use of engineering programs desired. Experience in Intergraph CADD or AutoCad desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have the ability to walk 2-10 miles per day while carrying supplies and equipment. Ability to clear a line with a machete, brush-axe, or chain saw.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Outdoor environment. Must be able to perform job duties in a variety of terrain ranging from swamps to deserts to forests to mountains. Must also be able to perform job duties in various extreme climates, in every type of weather, ranging from 10 degrees and snowing to 110 degrees desert heat. Must be able to deal with a variety of creatures such as bears, snakes, spiders, insects, and other wildlife.
COMMENTS: Must be a confident self-starter, able to deal with unexpected obstacles and still get the job done.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Charleston, WV - WVCH