TRC Companies Civil/Environmental Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
- Assist with preparation of civil engineering design, construction cost estimates and construction plans and technical specifications. Generate draft sketches, drawings, and other engineering data received from managers utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D. Make redline revisions as requested by managers to create construction plans.
- Prepare hydraulic and hydrology modeling studies and reports;
- Complete engineering analysis and calculations;
- Support managers with preparation of studies, reports, design documents, and technical specifications for design projects.
- Project types range from general site developments, environmental studies to solar farms (renewable energy) and waterfront improvements.
- Assist with proposal preparation, work scope and budgets;
- Coordinate and review the work of staff engineers and technicians.
- Regional travel will be required.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois.
- Five to ten years of prior work experience in civil and environmental consulting is strongly desired.
- Ability to work independently on a project team. Capability to effectively manage field and office tasks to completion without supervision, including tasks involving coordination with subcontractors. Must have the ability to "own" and effectively manage tasks (field and office) and subcontractors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of civil/environmental engineering (e.g., site development, design, regulatory coordination, water and wastewater design, storm water design, etc.).
- Familiarity with various environmental compliance issues (e.g. SWPPP and SPCC preparation, Tier II reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil3d, Microstation, ArcGIS
- Knowledge of hydrology software: TR-20, TR-55, Hydraflow, HEC-HMS, SWMM, other various software a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Chicago, IL - CHI