TRC Companies Senior Air Quality Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the environmental, power, oil & gas, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Senior Air Quality Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in the upper Midwest offices. The position requires strong air quality technical capabilities, a strong work ethic, commitment to excellence, and a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships. The individual will join the 35 other TRC air quality professionals and 276 other TRC staff located in the upper Midwest. The preferred locations for this position are in Chicago, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin, however, location can be in any of the four TRC offices located in Illinois and Wisconsin or potentially at an alternate geography.
- Manage and lead air quality compliance, permitting, and related projects for power and industrial clients located primarily in the upper Midwest
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, including regulatory analyses of facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; and NESHAP MACT compliance programs.
- Meet client needs via meetings, proposal development, maintaining client relationships, and passionate client service.
- Lead project teams to provide exceptional project deliverables related to air quality permitting and compliance in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work with other TRC project managers and leaders on strategic pursuits within the company, region, and air quality arena.
- BS or MS in chemical, environmental, mechanical, civil engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 to 15 years of air quality compliance and permitting experience, including managing and implementing Clean Air Act programs such as Title V, New Source Review, and MACT.
- Recent client relationships and experience within the power generation and/or industrial sectors.
- Effective management of multiple air quality projects and the proven capability to establish and maintain client relationships that result in repeat business.
- PE license or ability to obtain.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Experience preparing proposals and managing work.
An effective collaborator and strategic thinker
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Chicago, IL - CHI