TRC Companies Electric Distribution Inspector/Auditor (Utility) in Denham Springs, Louisiana
Perform visual inspection of overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities and equipment in order to compile field data collection, minor work order preparation, and maintenance reports of distribution equipment.
Overview of Duties
- Perform various field technical services for the operation, inspection, and maintenance of electrical distribution systems including: system inventories and audits, joint use management and permitting, pad-mount inspections, ground-line pole inspections, metering and apparatus services, lighting audits, etc.
- Perform field data collection utilizing laptop computer, tablet device, GPS, and other electronic devices in order to collect data for input into database software as necessary.
- Develop a working knowledge of National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), electric utility construction standards, and telephone, cable and other communication facilities.
Operate necessary equipment to take measurements on utility poles and mid-span facilities, perform pole inspections, inspect and perform maintenance on pad-mount equipment, etc.
Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies :
- Follow Code of Safe Practices as outlined in the company safety policies.
- Possess the working knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements specific to the individual's job responsibility.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and healthful place of work.
- Responsible for your own safety. This includes inspecting your own workplace on a daily basis and promptly reporting unsafe/unhealthful conditions to the PM/Supervisor.
- Report all work-related injury or illness, however slight, to management.
- Make recommendations for a safer workplace and/or work practices.
- Personal protective equipment must be used when and where required, and properly maintained.
- Responsible for the quality of your individual work.
- Responsible for meeting the quality requirements as outlined in the client contract.
- Understand the processes and controls in place to make sure that your work fulfills those requirements.
- Self-check all work and check the work of others as required.
Present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Communicate well in writing and utilize proper ethics with email and telephone communications. Keep supervisor and coworkers informed. Share complete and accurate information with others. Possess the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients and agencies.
- Analytical competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers.
- Possess the working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), national engineering standards, utility constructions standards, and best industry engineering practices.
Travel is primarily local to the client and project during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
High School Diploma
No experience required
No certifications required
Proficient use and knowledge of computers and software applications desired (MS Office products)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Denham Springs, LA - DHM