TRC Companies Design Engineering Supervisor, Electric Distribution (Utility Power) in Douglasville, Georgia
Provides technical and administrative supervision of the Electric Distribution Design group. Provides Distribution Design support in areas of technical and managerial complexity. Performs billable work for clients within area of expertise. Serves as the lead interface for the group with other company departments, outside consultants, clients, contractors, suppliers, and others on technically related matters.
Overview of Duties
- Administer company policies, salary administration, training, safety (both company and client), employee development, and performance evaluations for the employees of the Distribution Design group.
- Approve time sheets and expenses for direct reports.
- Take a lead role in building the Distribution Design group by hiring employees, marketing services, and providing outstanding service to clients.
- Supervise the design project efforts and provide support for Project Managers and others as appropriate. Responsible for teaming with and/or managing the efforts of consultants that may be involved in Distribution Design projects.
- Responsible for working with Project Management in preparing and coordinating proposals, schedules, and budget estimates for client activities. Assign and schedule work as required to meet client requirements, assuring the highest quality and most efficient use of resources.
- Responsible for managing the Distribution Design group to meet or exceed profitability and quality performance targets.
- Serve as a resource to the Company's business development contact person with clients and partners.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, agencies, and the general public.
- Responsible for complete and accurate record keeping of all work performed by the Distribution Design group.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Control on all work performed by the Distribution Design group.
- Must have excellent PC skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and a working knowledge of CAD based programs.
- A strong knowledge and experience with using various client's design and work management software is desired.
- Serve on industry committees and association groups as appropriate.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to support work.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager/Director as needed.
- Minimum Associate Degree in Engineering (Power Delivery preferred)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred, P.E. a plus
- TRC Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
- Additional client specific requirements may apply.
- 10+ years of progressive development in utility power design preferred
- Prior design consulting supervision experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates supervisory and leadership skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively market Distribution Design services outside the company.
- Expected to provide excellent client service, be innovative, and maintain a high level of integrity. Demonstrates strong understanding of electric distribution construction standards and practices and able to navigate and understand utility maps and design plans.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Douglasville, GA - DGV