TRC Companies Civil Engineer (EIT) in Durango, Colorado
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer-in-Training (EIT) for our growing Civil Engineering Services team in Durango, CO. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to work with other engineers, project managers, and other technical staff assisting with planning, designing, and overseeing civil engineering projects, such as site development, industrial facilities, and municipal infrastructure including design of roadways, drainage facilities, site grading, water and sanitary sewer utilities.
- Assist Project Managers in the production of project plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates.
- Assist Project Managers with construction management tasks such as material submittal reviews and coordination with Contractors.
- Be involved in all project aspects including design/study development and site/field visits during design and construction.
- Conduct site visits, surveys and inspections, and assist with data collection, compilation and assessment for infrastructure projects.
- Decipher civil site backgrounds, work with nested External Reference Files (Xrefs), adhere to company drafting standards, and create design details from sketches and manufacturers data-sheets.
- Efficiently produce quality outputs while meeting budget and schedules on multiple concurrent projects.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies.
B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and 0-2 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel is required.
- Experience using computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents (examples include software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and GIS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, well organized, accountable and dependable.
- Physically able to perform work in the field.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled