TRC Companies Principal Designer in Houston, Texas
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented with experience in complex electrical/instrumentation/control system design who can perform and be responsible for electrical power distribution design of assigned projects. The successful candidate will utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings. Designs must adhere to applicable codes, standards, project specific requirements and procedures.
- Utilize AutoCAD to prepare engineering drawings that adhere to applicable codes, standards, project specific requirements and procedures.
- Work closely with other disciplines to ensure adequate collaboration and technical guidance on the same deliverables and promote technical excellence.
- Coordinate, and review work of drafters and designers on assigned work.
- Function as an electrical checker as needed at all levels of complexity.
- Work as a fully competent designer supporting engineering staff in all aspects of the project.
- Perform electrical calculations such as load calcs, light levels, voltage drop, and one line diagram development.
- Reviews manufacturers' prints and coordinate between these and project drawings.
- Communicate complex technical issues and recommend solutions to project engineers and project managers
*This position will be based out of the Houston office but will support work from the Tulsa group.
- Must be US citizen or have a work visa.
- Computer proficiency in AutoCADD, Excel, Word.
- Able to work in an environment that requires coordination with other engineering disciplines and a strong ability to meet schedules.
- A knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards including NEC, NFPA, ANSI, Nema Designations and Hazardous Area Classifications (API RP 500, NFPA 499, AGA).
- Able to design electrical & instrument circuits up to 15 kV, MCC, Switchgear, UPS, emergency generation systems, Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Able to produce drawings for: grounding systems, lighting, single lines, schematics, switchgear, motor starters, VFD's, conduit & Cable schedules, instrument location plans, loop diagrams, instrument indexes, P&ID's, panel schedules, bill of Materials (BOM), wiring and connection diagrams, terminal boxes, marshalling cabinets, conduit fittings and materials required for instrument connections.
- 25 years design work experience without 2 year degree.
- 23 years design work experience with 2 year degree.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Houston, TX - Park Ten Place - HST