TRC Companies Senior Project Manager in Houston, Texas
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC has more than 4,000 employees located in 120 offices throughout the United States, the UK and China. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC Solutions is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience with oil and gas transmission line siting and permitting for the southern region, focused on Texas. Knowledge and past experience with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) permitting is required. It is beneficial if candidates also have testified before the Public Utility Commission of Texas for pipeline projects. TRC's experience includes fossil fuel-fired power generation, electric transmission and substations, wind power generation, solar power generation, natural gas and product transmission pipelines (FERC and non-FERC regulated), compressor stations, and other related facilities.
This strategic opportunity is for a proven Senior Project Manager with primary responsibilities for the scoping, execution and management of permitting and regulatory compliance projects associated with the siting, construction, and operation of oil and natural gas transmission, storage and distribution facilities. These projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse.
The successful candidate will lead the acquisition of new clients and projects, lead business development initiatives and prepare winning proposals. Project work may be anywhere in the U.S., but an emphasis will be projects in Texas.
- Possess a B.S. or M.S. in a related field (i.e., engineering, biology, planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
- Exhibit 10-15+ years of professional experience. This experience may include natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, and regulatory experience with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), with prior project management of fossil-fired energy infrastructures facility permitting projects.
- This role will involve the input and management of numerous environmental and human resources including regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach.
- This candidate will have demonstrated success in managing projects, and working within a group and independently to execute projects and help grow the energy sector.
- Candidates will have experience and knowledge of the FERC, Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), TCEQ, and TRRC. In addition, experience with environmental processes, including NEPA, Siting Boards, FERC, BLM, USFWS, COE, required, as well as experience with federal, state and local regulators is required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the permitting of complex linear and other energy projects, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism are critical skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are key to the success of this opportunity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to see big picture, understanding of company goals and ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of same goals.
TRC offers career advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information about TRC or to apply for this position please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Houston, TX - Richmond Avenue - HOU