TRC Companies Energy Engineer in Irvine, California
TRC Companies creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America's energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC Companies provides its services to America's major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC Energy Services is seeking a qualified individual to support Microgrid and distributed energy projects as well as commercial, institutional and residential energy efficiency and green building programs.
Projects and responsibilities may include microgrid and distributed generation system design, energy efficiency consulting, demand side project management, Combined Heat & Power; custom boiler and central utility plants; district heating and cooling systems. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of electrical and thermal building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working on a variety of energy saving calculations, strategies and projects
- Project coordination for energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Conducting project fieldwork, analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development.
- Performing energy engineering studies, including energy audits, feasibility studies, retro commissioning, and others.
- Design of electrical power and control systems for distributed generation projects, including solar photovoltaic, combined heat and power, energy storage and similar projects.
- Perform and review facility audits, feasibility studies and reports, related to both program implementation and turnkey projects.
- Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy production equipment.
- Hands-on assistance with project commissioning.
- Communicate with contractors and program administrators regarding program requirements.
Utilize energy modeling applications and other simulation techniques to predict benefits from energy efficiency and green building projects.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- 2-5 years' experience in design of DC and AC Power systems in industrial and commercial buildings, or a combination of 2-5 years of experience within the green building, energy efficiency, building science fields.
- Experience with AutoCAD® 2014 is preferred.
- Experience with energy modeling applications or spreadsheet-based analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Familiarity with 2014 National Electric Code;
- Familiarity with industrial digital control and SCADA systems;
- Academic and / or professional experience displaying a strong interest in sustainability and green building is strong plus;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
Local Travel Required: Up to 25%
TRC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Irvine, CA - Research Drive - IRV2