TRC Companies Civil CADD Designer in Jackson, Mississippi
TRC is searching for a candidate who possesses 5+ years of experience with computer aided drafting and civil design support. This position offers the opportunity to provide CADD drafting and design skills to support a wide variety of projects in the transportation industry.
- Create detailed engineering drawings for all areas of projects in conformance with the design criteria and project requirements.
- Provide engineering design support including, site layout, grading, and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Receive and transmit digital files of various types between clients, team members, and other team consultants.
- All other duties assigned by Engineering staff.
- Graduate of two-year technical college and 5+ years of design/drafting work experience.
- Proficient in the application of drafting principles of AutoCAD 2017 and Civil3D software.
- Design experience of general civil-site, roadways, utilities, and land development.
- Design horizontal and vertical alignments and profiles.
- Create and manage surfaces.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower classified drafting personnel.
- Review the work of lower classified drafting personnel to assure accuracy and conformance to design requirements.
- Perform work assignments in accordance with the project scope of work and with applicable CAD drafting standards.
- Work with others as a contributing member of a project design group.
- May be assigned as CADD Leader to set drafting standards, monitor drafting production, and ensure growth of lower classified drafting personnel.
- Familiarity with MicroStation, InRoads and/or GeoPak a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled