TRC Companies Rodman - Lakewood, CO in Lakewood, Colorado
SUMMARY: Assists in the collection of survey data and the maintenance of the survey instrumentation. Responsible for assigned surveying activities, including holding the prism pole for measurements, clearing the route of the survey, and carrying survey supplies during the collection of survey data. Works with the Party Chief and Survey Instrumentman to execute the survey work. May require work outside of normal business hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for working in accordance with TRC Core Values -- Through Leadership, Excellence and Accountability: Safety -- Honesty & Integrity -- Our People -- Our Customers -- Superior Financial Performance -- Vision & Innovation -- Effective Communications
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance, reporting to work as scheduled, and being willing to perform tasks safely as directed by those in authority.
- Assists with the maintenance and operation of the survey instrumentation throughout the collection process of pertinent survey data.
- Assists the Survey Instrumentman with the assigned project survey activities and provides physical support to clear the survey route.
- Assists in the manual transport of survey materials along the survey route for installation.
- Assures that the Company Values and project surveying procedures are properly implemented to achieve a quality survey job. Reports to the Survey Party Chief for interpretation of the TRC Survey Procedures.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Previous survey experience
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to apply.
Requires good oral communication skills.
Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, and correspondence.
Basic knowledge to support surveying calculations.
Identify and solve minor technical problems
OTHER SILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
Proficiency in PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs. Experience in database operations and the use of surveying programs desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to walk several (in excess of 10) miles per day while carrying suppliesand equipment, weighing in excess of 40 pounds. Ability to clear line with a machete, brush axe, or chain saw.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Outdoor environment. Must be able to perform job duties in a variety of terrains ranging from swamps to deserts to forests to mountains. Must also be able to perform job duties in various extreme climates, in every type of weather, ranging from -10 degrees and snowing to 110 degrees desert heat. Must be able to deal with a variety of plants (poison ivy, oak, and sumac) and creatures such as bears, snakes, spiders, insects, and other wildlife
Department/Location Specific Requirements and Comments
Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Lakewood, CO - LKW