TRC Companies Archaeological Field Technician in Lanham, Maryland
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC has an immediate opening for an Archaeological Field Technician in our Southeastern US cultural resource program. This person will be responsible for all types of archaeological field projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-state projects. In addition to fieldwork, duties will include background research, regulatory consultation, analysis, and reporting.
The Archaeological Field Technician will work closely with other TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC's Planning, Permitting, and Licensing practice. We are looking for an individual enthusiastic about his/her work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and of helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges. The position will require regular travel away from the home office. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- A degree in Anthropology or Archaeology (must meet Secretary of the Interior's standards and be an RPA or eligible for enrollment)
- Two or more years of progressive experience with archaeological projects in the Midwestern or Eastern U.S.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills
- The ability to work closely with engineers and other technical specialists as part of a larger project team
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software
- A commitment to quality and safety
- The ability to write quality technical reports in a timely manner
- Candidates will be required to walk long distances, and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold)
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match. For more information please visit www.trcsolutions.com
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Lanham, MD - Forbes Blvd - LHM