TRC Companies Construction Quality Assurance Manager in Los Angeles, California
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC has more than 4,000 employees located in 120 offices throughout the United States, the UK and China. TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
Through our continuing commitment to develop top talent, deepen our understanding of our clients' needs, and deliver sustainable solutions to the communities in which we live and work, we are tackling some of the most pressing energy, environmental and infrastructure challenges the world faces.
TRC is seeking a fulltime Construction Quality Assurance Manager to join our Geo-Environmental and Civil Engineering Team. The position will be stationed in our Los Angeles, CA office. The successful candidates should have senior level engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree in the field of Civil Engineering or a related field. This position will provide construction observation and documentation support role for a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, and solid waste management clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
Job Responsibilities Include:
The CQA Manager reports to the CQA Officer and is responsible for the day‐to‐day on‐site administration of the CQA program. Specific duties of the CQA Manager
- Daily assignment of CQA Monitors to construction and installation activities.
- Daily supervision of CQA Monitors
- Clarify CQA requirements as needed.
- Review CQA documentation.
- Recommend appropriate approvals.
- Identify routine deficiencies and take corrective action.
- Report any unresolved deficiencies to the CQA Officer.
- Participate in CQA meetings.
- Maintain project CQA files.
- Responsible for real-time assembly of CQA Job Books.
- Act as liaison between Construction Team and CQA Team members.
- Manage coordination between Construction Superintendents and CQA Monitors.
- When not engaged in field projects, office responsibilities will include developing reports, performing engineering calculations, and other office support tasks.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in CA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of construction or consulting and environmental or civil engineering experience with progressive responsibility.
- Excellent attitude and ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills for interaction with multidisciplinary staff, clients, and regulatory agencies. Developed organization and planning skills.
- Previous experience implementing and performing construction observation, documentation, quality control, and quality assurance. Landfill construction experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time.
- OSHA 40Hour HAZWOPER training certification preferred.
- Troxler nuclear density gauge training preferred.
The candidate will need to pass a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities). Ability to travel throughout the US is required for this position. A valid driving license (with no major violations) and the ability to pass a background check is also expected.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Los Angeles, CA - LOS