TRC Companies Project Manager in Los Angeles, California
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager / Senior Project Manager for our growing EHS, Engineering, Construction & Remediation team in Los Angeles, CA. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and is a front-line client-focused leader who works with stakeholders to understand project needs and manages teams to deliver services to meet those requirements. The project manager is responsible for networking with clients to identify and define projects, developing and negotiating proposals, building teams of technical staff and sub-consultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget.
Our environmental staff provides support for a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for the Los Angeles Basin and surrounding markets. As a Project Manager / Senior Project Manager, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on challenging projects. TRC's Los Angeles office is a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in an office that thrives on teamwork.
Our Project Managers:
- Manage projects leading teams to meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements;
- Provide highly-competent technical leadership resulting in successful project delivery;
- Deliver meticulous project financial management resulting in consistently profitable work;
- Develop effective proposals resulting in the award of new work with clients;
- Engage staff through recruiting and mentorship to build and strengthen the team;
- Perform regular client engagement resulting in continually expanding client trust relationships;
- Oversee preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets;
- Lead project teams through site investigation, development of remedial strategy, and attainment of closure requirements under state/federal programs;
- Manage assessment/remediation programs from pilot study, assessment, conceptual design to design implementation;
- Manage and participate in technical tasks such as assessments, inspections, fieldwork, sampling, regulatory and permit reviews;
- Provide compliance and regulatory support for existing and new clients;
- Review existing permit conditions for applicability, conformity with rules and site compliance;
- Interface with regulatory agencies for permit development and compliance;
- Perform Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects and tasks managed as well as projects and tasks managed by others. Responsible for implementation of firm quality procedures at project and task levels;
- Participate in key trade organizations and in the marketplace;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, and deliver responsive, high quality environmental/consulting services within California.
- B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geologic and/or Environmental Sciences from an accredited university;
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of experience in assessment of groundwater/soil consulting;
- Consulting and regulatory compliance experience in California, particularly with the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board, DTSC or local CUPA agencies;
- Project management experience for environmental projects in Los Angeles Basin;
- Strong entrepreneurial interest and experience engaging clients to identify and win new projects in the Los Angeles Basin and surrounding markets;
- Experience leading, recruiting, building, mentoring, and fostering a project team of scientists and engineers.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience conveying technical presentations;
- 40 hour HAZWOPER certification;
- Willingness to work full time from our Los Angeles office;
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without future sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Experience working within the retail petroleum industry, particularly with respect to UST/AST installations, removals, updates and compliance services.
- General construction experience, managing subcontractors performing construction related services.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG).
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Los Angeles, CA - LOS