TRC Companies Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designer in Madison, Wisconsin
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated CAD Designer to assist in providing project support for the daily operational task of preparing plans, specifications & estimates. The ideal candidate will also be enthusiastic to work with engineers, project managers, and other technical staff in the preparation of drawings, designs and figures associated with technical documents. Organization, communication, and design skills will be essential to efficiently produce quality outputs while meeting budget and schedules on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ensure good communications and working relationships with technical staff and Project Managers across multiple TRC offices.
- Assist in the design and generate drawings for a variety of projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other Autodesk products (e.g., grading plans, volume calculations, and engineering details).
- Document any changes and manage organization of documents.
- Make site visits as required to facilitate generation of drawings.
- Communicate results / issues as required to the project team.
- Prepare and package intermediate and final design plans for submittals.
- Actively involved in the QA/QC process to ensure that project deliverables meet requirements.
- Manage deadlines and the prioritization of assignments.
- Associate's Degree in Drafting and Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience or accreditation.
- Knowledge of the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including but not limited to the development of horizontal and vertical alignments, grading, profiles, sections, pipe networks, quantities, surfaces, and knowledge of CAD Standards
- Minimum 5 years of Civil 3D design related work experience; preferred candidate would know both AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Prior experience in consulting services required.
- Must be able to travel as needed. Must be able to use automobile and plane transportation. Will be required to work on client sites such as industrial plants that require walking and some climbing.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Madison, WI - MDN