TRC Companies Industrial Hygienist Inspector in New York, New York
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking an experienced Industrial Hygienist Inspector to join our New York, NY office. This position would be working within our Building Sciences and Industrial Hygiene business within our Environmental Sector.
- Perform hazardous building material inspections for asbestos, lead-based paint, PCBs.
- Perform indoor air quality inspections, water intrusion investigation and mold assessments.
- Perform project oversight and coordination with contractors.
- Operate and maintain instruments including sampling pumps, calibrators and microscopes.
- Collect samples as required by various regulatory agencies, complete data sheets, chain of custody forms, and prepare samples for shipment to laboratory.
- Maintain daily logs of activities related to project work.
- Interact and communicate with clients, contractors and regulatory agency representatives.
- Read project specifications and drawings.
- Prepare reports.
- Travel throughout Connecticut expected.
- 1 - 5 years of experience in the hazardous building materials, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read project specifications and drawings.
- Prior experience in various aspects of abatement projects is a plus.
- The following certifications are a plus: NYCDEP Asbestos Investigator; NYSDOL Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor; USEPA Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor, Indoor Air Quality Training, HAZWOPER, OSHA 10, and Scaffold Training.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to various work schedules and situations related to emergency response scenarios.
- Intuitive and creative thinker. Understanding of their surroundings and reason the services are being provided. A consultative demeanor and ability to work with customers/clients and offers solutions when needed.
- Work as a team player.
- Ability to carry and climb ladders and being able to use hand and power tools.
- Be able to wear a respirator, safety harness and other safety equipment as needed
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable means of transportation.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New York, NY - Broadway - NYC1