TRC Companies Power Systems Engineer (Distributed Energy, Energy Storage, Microgrid) in New York, New York
TRC Companies creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America's energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC Companies provides its services to America's major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC Energy Services is seeking a Power Systems Engineer to support Microgrid and distributed energy projects involving the integration of a mix of generation and energy storage technologies. The individual must possess experience with power systems studies and modeling and should have experience with industry standard modeling and simulation software packages. Experience in designing controls systems and knowledge of SCADA systems are a plus. The ideal candidate is a forward and independent thinker, a visionary, and possess a penchant for developing innovative ideas in a growing field.
- Interact with clients, utility personnel, contractors, and project stakeholders to assess the technical feasibility of distributed energy projects including commercial and industrial-scale photovoltaics, energy storage and microgrid projects.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications; applies knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Conduct insulation coordination, harmonic, short circuit, grounding, and other related studies for T&D; equipment, using relevant industry standard software.
- Perform studies on renewable resources, distributed energy resources, battery energy storage, relay and protection, monitoring, and smart grid related applications using relevant industry standard software
- Conduct load flow, transient stability, reactive planning, infrastructure re-enforcement, generator interconnection, and related studies.
- Support proposals in response to customer specifications, RFP / RFQ, and technical information requests
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Prepare technical drawings, one-line diagrams, cost estimates and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
Manage, review, and maintain client communications
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering, Familiarity with electrical power generating equipment and control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of electric power systems, Distributed Generation, electrical distribution and Transmission and power system controls.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Familiarity with industrial SCADA systems.
- Experience using AutoCAD to generate electrical drawings.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
Experience and Proficiency in software such as:
ATP, EMTP, EMTP-RV, PSCAD, MATLAB, ASPEN, CAPE, CDEGS, and others.
- CYME, Synergi, ETAP, Milsoft, and Plexos
- PSLF, PSS/E, DigSILENT, DSA Tools, Power World
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
New York, NY - Broadway - NYC1