TRC Companies Electric Distribution Designer (Utility) in Phoenix, Arizona
Perform detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications and estimates as defined by the client's scope of work document. The Designer may be responsible to provide direction, training, supervision and guidance of other design staff of equal or lower grade as directed by supervision.
Overview of Duties
With minimum supervision perform a variety of design related duties including but not limited to the following:
Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
- Preparation of field notes and design.
- Stake projects in the field using appropriate and accepted staking practices (may be client specific).
- Preparation of computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature with neatness and a minimum of errors.
- Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and company standards covering the assigned work.
- Take a major role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluation and requisitions.
- Preparation of engineering calculations (pole loading, guying, transformer sizing, conductor loading / sagging, load studies, voltage studies).
- Coordinate design development to meet project schedules.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
- Provide training and technical support for other distribution design classifications.
- Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers.
- Possess a working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), national engineering standards, utility constructions standards, and best industry engineering practices.
Associate Degree in Engineering or Design (Electrical or Power emphasis preferred)
Minimum of 2 years experience Distribution Designer
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in Electrical Distribution Design.
- Working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to the technical matters in one or more of the following:
a) Electrical Engineering
- Proficient use and knowledge of computers and software applications desired (MS Office products)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Phoenix, AZ - PHOE