TRC Companies Senior Energy Engineer (C&I Efficiency) in San Francisco, California
TRC Companies creates and implements sophisticated and innovative solutions to the challenges facing America's energy markets and infrastructure. A national energy and environmental services organization, TRC Companies provides its services to America's major industries, utilities, banks, insurance companies and federal, state and local government agencies.
TRC Energy Services is seeking a qualified individual to support commercial, institutional and residential energy efficiency and green building programs in California. Projects and responsibilities may include energy efficiency consulting, demand side project and program management, Combined Heat & Power; renewable energy systems, custom boiler and central utility plants; district heating and cooling systems. Candidates must possess strong technical capabilities including knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. The desired candidate will work collaboratively with clients to develop market transforming programs that promote energy efficiency and green building.
The candidate will be presented with the challenge of a diverse range of projects found in commercial and industrial energy systems. There will be significant interface with clients that may require travel. The position requires the ability to manage projects, and lead, direct, and coordinate the work of team members (internal and external) of varied backgrounds. This position requires flexibility; diversity of technical expertise; strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and excellent customer care skills. The candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The candidate will perform a variety of complicated tasks. This position reports to an Engineering Manager who is a member of the senior staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project coordination for energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Working on a variety of energy saving calculations, strategies and projects.
- Conducting project fieldwork, analysis, and report production using standard resources and templates and custom tool development.
- Performing energy engineering studies, including energy audits, feasibility studies, retro commissioning, and others.
- Managing projects as directed by the Engineering Manager, including all aspects of planning, scoping, budgeting, scheduling, deciding technical approach, ensuring technical quality, tracking, and ensuring customer's expectations are met or exceeded.
- Keeping managers aware of project schedules and progress and providing regular time charging/budget updates as requested.
- Providing technical mentorship to junior engineers and quality control of calculations.
- Staying informed about energy issues and industry trends through regular technical reading and participation in local and national professional organizations.
- Assist in the development of technical standards, protocols and requirements for innovative energy efficiency and green building programs.
- Perform and review facility audits, feasibility studies and reports, related to both program implementation and turnkey projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for energy and green building programs.
- Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency and green building projects.
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of baseline and replacement energy using equipment.
- Communicate with contractors and program administrators regarding program requirements.
Utilize energy modeling applications and other simulation techniques to predict benefits from energy efficiency and green building projects.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or related field;
- 5+ years of experience within the green building, energy efficiency, building science, or related field is preferred;
- Energy Auditing and retro commissioning experience is preferred;
- Experience with energy modeling applications or spreadsheet-based analysis techniques;
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
- Experience in the energy field, such as energy efficiency, distributed energy generation/combined heat and power, project economics/rate analysis, project design, renewable energy, HVAC, central heating and cooling plants is preferred;
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with energy saving strategies who have experience calculating the associated energy savings in steam, refrigeration, HVAC, lighting systems, turbines, air compressors, motors, and other commercial, institutional, or industrial systems;
- PE, CEM and LEED AP accreditation is preferred;
- Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) or equivalent experience preferred;
- Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
Local Travel Required: Up to 25%
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Francisco, CA - Sansome St - SFO