TRC Companies Document Controls Specialist (Engineering Services) in South Plainfield, New Jersey
Summary: This position has overall responsibility to support/create processes and systems of the administered plan for controlled documents and information management specifically for utility engineering consulting.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help to develop, implement and manage processes and procedures to assist all areas of Document Controls
- Benchmark and evaluate existing document control practices, identify gaps and make improvements. * Assist to develop and implement document control processes, procedures, requirements and change controls for Document Owners to meet internal and external compliance requirements. * Respond to all inquiries (legal, audit...etc) regarding Document Controls. * Communicate all new or updated Document Controls to relevant users * Assist and create, develop and present PowerPoint and/or other types of presentations to management as requested (live, Webcast, etc.). * Generate reports on the performance of Document Controls projects for appropriate management. * Help to develop and conduct training programs and guidelines for all users of utilized document control systems (MS SharePoint and FileNet). Conduct workshops as needed. * Along with manager and document owners, develop roll-out strategy for communications/change management where required for new or updated documentation. * Support staff as needed and directed, outside vendors, consultants and contractors * Help to identify and manage requirements for staff * Help to develop and track budget effectiveness/efficiency involving all document controls programs (systems, creation for all projects - all vendors/contractors, IT costs, etc.). * Be knowledgeable of corporate Procurement requirements and procedures and ensure they are implemented and adhered to.
- Create a change management plan to implement/roll out Document Controls Plan * Assist to enforce document control requirements and rules for standards * Perform system administration tasks if and when required * Work with QA procedures to test and evaluate the system * Help to develop processes to help ensure archiving of regulatory documents in a central repository and required access and distribution as needed Required:
- Engineering documentation knowledge
- Excel and file management skills
- Ability to interact with engineers and project personnel on technical matter
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
- CAD System and Document Control Management/Administration
- 5+ years experience in engineering document control environment preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
South Plainfield, NJ