TRC Companies Exterior, Commercial Lighting Designer (Utility) in St. Petersburg, Florida
TRC is a full-service utility design consulting firm, currently expanding its Commercial Lighting services to utility clients. The Exterior Commercial Lighting Designer will be responsible for the analysis of new, remodel, and retrofit designs for exterior lighting projects. Projects may include, but not limited to Roadway and Street Lighting design for Florida DOT safety initiatives, as well as exterior commercial lighting design for public and private customers throughout Florida. The Lighting Designer coordinates directly with TRC clients and their customers to perform the analysis of these projects in the pre-proposal stages. This position will provide technical design support at customer meetings.
- Analyze and evaluate information gathered during the audit phase to understand the effectiveness of the customer's current lighting system.
- Understand cost effective, energy saving and lighting alternatives which best satisfy the illumination requirements of the different environments within a customers' facilities.
- Research new lighting and other energy savings technologies to implement new products into our design offerings.
- Preparation of field notes
- Preparation of computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature
- Take a major role in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluation and requisitions.
- Coordinate design development to meet project schedules.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
Contribute to TRC distribution circuit design projects as assigned.
AS or BS in Electrical Engineering/Technology, or related field
- Firm understanding of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC), National Electrical Code (NEC), other NFPA codes/standards and energy codes
- Proficiency using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (AutoCAD) is required
- General understanding of the requirements of electrical installations, circuitry, load, voltage and familiarity with electrical codes.
- Experience in Power Studies, such as Short Circuit Study, Coordination Study, and Arc Flash Analysis is a plus.
- Understanding and application of the energy demand and maintenance requirements of various existing lighting systems.
- Ability to demonstrate the impacts of utility rates, rebates, system wattage and operating hours in the design and development of proposed alternatives, a plus.
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
St. Petersburg, FL- SPB