TRC Companies Mechanical Engineer III in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Our Tulsa office has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work on pipeline facility projects. This engineer will, under technical direction of a more experienced engineer, perform tasks associated with compressor and pump stations, metering, storage, terminal, and related facilities.
The engineer at this level is a competent engineer capable of some independent project and design work. Assignments will have clear and specific objectives and investigate a limited number of alternative solutions.
- Executes technical aspects within assigned segments of a project.
- Performs calculations such as pipe & equipment sizing, pressure drop, and pipe stress.
- Prepares information to be shown on drawings, coordinates work with drafters and designers, and reviews drawings when completed.
- Prepares bid documents for materials, engineered equipment, and construction.
- Reviews vendor bids and drawings to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of man-hour and project cost estimates and schedules.
- Prepares technical reports and correspondence for approval.
- Interfaces with other disciplines as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- May assist with vendor inspection.
- May assist with construction engineering, startup, and commissioning.
- May monitor and review the work of less experienced engineers as directed by the Lead Discipline Engineer, Project Engineer, or Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or applied science from an EAC/ABET approved college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum (4-8 years of experience).
LICENSING: Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam required. Professional Engineer license highly preferred.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate to other team members and client personnel.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence.
REASONING ABILITY: Able to identify problems, propose solutions and seek guidance from more experienced engineers.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Familiar with engineering codes and standards including ASME B31 piping codes, API standards, and DOT regulations.
Familiar with engineering documents such as piping & instrumentation diagrams, line lists, and piping isometrics.
Proficient with engineering software packages such as NavisWorks, CAESAR2, ProMax, or Pipeline Toolbox.
- Proficient in Windows PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasionally in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to travel to client offices and job sites as dictated by project requirements.
- A basic understanding of CADD.
- Experience in database operations preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Tulsa, OK - East 71st St - TLS