TRC Companies Party Chief - Tulsa, OK in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The Survey Party Chief will lead his or her Survey Crew and will report directly to TRC's Survey Coordinator, or designee. The person in this position is well versed in writing field notes, drawing sketches and isometric drawings. The Party Chief has detailed knowledge and experience with the operation, checking and proper use of surveying equipment including total stations, automatic levels, GNSS Receivers, Data Collectors and other various types of equipment. The responsibilities of the Party Chief will include performing the assigned survey tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner that results in consistently thorough and accurate survey data. The Survey Party Chief must be experienced and proficient in performing topographic surveys, mapping surveys, boundary surveys, route surveys including pipelines and transmissions lines, construction staking, and as-built surveys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strictly adheres to the TRC's Health and Safety Management System and ensures the personnel on his or her crew complies with the same.
- Plans, directs, and reviews activities of the survey party members; evaluates survey progress, and quality of surveys conducted in accordance with the company's standard procedures.
- Writes field notes, makes field sketches, draws isometric drawings, and collects site photographs, in a clear, thorough, well organized and concise manner in accordance with the company's standard procedures.
- Proficiently maintains, operates and checks all surveying equipment to ensure proper working condition is continually maintained. Performs basic field adjustments to rods, tribrachs, total stations, data collectors, automatic level, and etc. Understands when equipment can be calibrated and/or adjusted in the field verses when the equipment should be sent to a shop for repair.
- Responsible for using assigned survey equipment proficiently to collect and document survey data that is consistently accurate, thorough, and complete.
- Downloads data, notes, sketches, pictures, etc. after each day's work as well as entering time, expenses, safety documents, and other administrative documents as needed.
- Is committed to staying informed and educated on the continual upward trend in surveying technology and methodology. Subsequently makes recommendations to his or her supervisor when improvements or changes to standard practices and procedures can be made to improve survey techniques, efficiency, and quality.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for peer and subordinate new hires as the need may arise.
- Performs assigned survey activities and notifies the Survey Coordinator, or designee, if routing adjustments need to be made for any obstructions that may have been overlooked during the detailed reconnaissance of the route.
- Assists with orientation of survey personnel, as they are assigned. The orientation will include the Company's Core Values, The Environmental, Health and Safety Policy, Survey Procedures, and Project Schedules.
- Take a leadership role by following and promoting TRC's Mission Statement: "We understand our clients' goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world's energy, environment and infrastructure challenges."
- Responsible for following company's policies and procedures.
- Other duties not described herein may be assigned by the supervisor as the need arises.
- Supervises the activities, safety compliance, and policy compliance of the field crew personnel under his/her direction. Typical activities include but are not limited to the following: Conducting regular safety meeting, mapping for pipeline design, Pipeline Staking, Line Clearing, Line Locating, River/Road Crossings, As-built Surveys, and Boundary Surveys.
- Provides feedback to the Survey Coordinator, or designee, for performance evaluations of those personnel on his or her crew.
Provides recommendations to the Survey Coordinator, or designee, regarding special recognition for exceptional performance or disciplinary action of those personnel on his or her crew.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of party chief experience is required. This experience must include all aspects of pipe line surveying.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Proficient in operating Total Stations, Data Collectors, Automatic Levels, Digital Levels, Pipe Locators, Magnetic Locators, GNSS Receivers.
- NSPS (CST) Certified Survey Technician Level II or higher is preferred but not required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to apply.
Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, field notes, sketches, and correspondence.
Basic knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry is preferred.
Identify and solve complex technical and administrative problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective problem solving skills, especially when dealing with conflicting personalities.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
- Proficiency in desktop computer operation, including but not limited to spreadsheet and word processing programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to walk several miles per day, when required, across varying types of terrain while carrying supplies and equipment weighing in excess of forty pounds. Ability to clear line with a machete, brush axe, or chain saw.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position and the crew personnel primarily work in the outdoor environment. This environment consists of terrain that includes swamps, deserts, forests, and mountains. In addition to terrain, the following is often encountered in this working environment: various types of extreme climates, various types of weather, poisonous plants such as Poison Ivy, Poison, Oak, and Sumac, wild animals and insects including snakes, spiders, bears, and other various types of insects and wildlife.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Tulsa, OK - East 71st St - TLS