TRC Companies Survey Data Technician - Tulsa in Tulsa, Oklahoma
SUMMARY: The Survey Data Tech administers and coordinates the project field survey data review and processing activities in conjunction with the project's field survey supervisor and the mapping coordinator. The Survey Data Tech has the responsibility to define the project survey methods and the applicable codes and guidelines required to complete the data review and processing activities. The selected individual is responsible for the proper project account coding of personnel and machine time spent on project data processing activities. In addition the Survey Data Tech maintains project management, field surveying, map drafting and client communications and strives for overall client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates with project management in the planning and development of project survey tasks lists, schedules, and any data review and processing activity requirements.
- Implements TRC's policies and procedures for administration, quality, safety, hazard communication, environmental awareness and emergency response.
- Reviews and processes survey data for completeness and accuracy immediately upon receipt from the field and responds to the field survey supervisor his findings in the most expeditious manner.
- Coordinates the necessary survey activities with the field survey supervisor to clarify or request additional data to resolve any discrepancies found in the received data.
- Coordinates the transfer of field collected data to the project mapping coordinator for interface into map drafting activities and as necessary, provides clarification and/or interpretation for resolution to any questions or discrepancies found with the interface.
Determines that all project survey tasks have been completed, reviewed, processed and documented in compliance with the projects requirements.
Works closely with the project's survey and mapping coordinators to implement total project scope.
- Responsible for data integrity.
- Responsible for processing data received from field crews into a usable form readily transferable to mapping.
- QA/QC of data that has been processed in the field by TRC survey crews.
- QA/QC of data received from outside sources: i.e. client, sub-contractor etc.
- Assisting in training of field surveyors in the process of calculations, mapping, data collection, computer operations and other technical processes.
High School Diploma -- Some College
B. S. Degree in Land Surveying or other related Land Information Science (Preferred)
ACSM Certification (Highly desired)
Minimum experience required is five years combined surveying and mapping experience with previous supervisory assignments.
Three years of experience in CADD drafting operation and the processes and programs necessary for the review and transfer of data to map drafting.
AutoCAD, Intergraph data reduction software as well as GIS and mapping software
Must be knowledgeable in the methods and techniques of cross country pipeline surveying. Must have knowledge in the various surveying methods and electronic data collection (Preferred)
Professional Land Surveyor (Preferred)
ACSM Certification Level II or III (Preferred)
Requires good oral communication skills.
Must be able to write clearly and concisely to prepare reports, specifications and correspondence.
Basic knowledge to support technical, surveying and mapping calculations.
Basic knowledge of Trigonometry, Algebra and Geometry.
Identify and solve complex technical and mathematical problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective problem solving skills, especially when dealing with conflicting personalities.
- Creativity, foresight and mature judgment to identify potential problem areas and effect a solution at the earliest possible time.
- Good working knowledge of project management, team development methods and TRC project operations.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
- Proficiency in PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing programs. Experience in database operations and the use of engineering programs desired.
- Proficiency in Microstation, Autocad, Intergraph data reduction software as well as GIS and mapping software.
- Willingness to relocate to domestic or foreign locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: There are no special physical demands associated with the performance of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Tulsa, OK - East 71st St - TLS