TRC Companies Civil/Environmental Engineer/Geologist/Environmental Scientist in Williamsville, New York
TRC Companies, Inc. (www.TRCSolutions.com), a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Through our continuing commitment to develop top talent, deepen our understanding of our clients' needs, and deliver sustainable solutions to the communities in which we live and work, we are tackling some of the most pressing energy, environmental and infrastructure challenges the world faces.
TRC is seeking full-time Junior Engineers/Geologists/Environmental Scientists to join our Engineering, Construction, and Remediation (ECR) practice, at our Williamsville, New York office. The successful candidate(s) should have a Bachelor's degree in the field of Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science (a related field may be considered), and should possess strong technical writing skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as practical experience in state and federal environmental regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will provide support to our clients throughout the northeast and must be willing and able to undertake overnight travel when needed. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
- Support environmental compliance and remediation related projects in the field and office.
- Perform a variety of field work including environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site inspections, soil and groundwater sampling, monitoring well installation and subcontractor oversight.
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, design documents, and construction documents in support of engineering design from pilot to full-scale remediation system design.
- Support management of medium-to-large, complex tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Assist during proposal development including preparation of work scopes and budgets.
- Travel locally on short and long term assignments.
The candidate will need to pass a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities). Ability to travel throughout the US is required for this position. A valid driving license (with no major violations) and the ability to pass a background check is also expected.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Location: Williamsville, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Relevant experience and expectations include:
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, geology, hydrogeology, or environmental science
- Minimum three (3) years of environmental regulatory compliance or soil and groundwater remediation consulting and design experience
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills for interaction with multi-disciplinary staff, clients, and regulatory agencies
Demonstrated work experience in any of the following areas:
Industrial Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans/PPC Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans and inspections
- Facility Response Plan preparation and exercises
- Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act reporting
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania, New York, and federal environmental regulations related to industrial stormwater, petroleum and chemical bulk storage, waste management
- Experience managing project tasks (field and office) and subcontractors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Williamsville, NY - BUFF